Monday, June 19, 2017
- Matthew Knight Arena
- 9:00 a.m., parade, 9:30 a.m., ceremony
CIS Department Ceremony
- Deschutes Lawn
- Time: 12:30 p.m.
The department commencement ceremony is for both undergraduate and graduate majors.
Graduates from the following terms are welcome to participate in the ceremony: Fall 2016, Winter 2017, Spring 2017, Summer 2017, or Fall term 2017
Note: If you are graduating at the end of Summer 2017 or Fall 2017, you are invited to walk in the 2017 ceremonies. However, your name will appear in next year's commencement booklet in Spring 2018.
Tickets are not required CIS departmental events. Friends and family are welcome to attend and celebrate! Graduating students will be individually recognized on stage as they receive their diploma. The ceremony will be approximately one and a half hours long, and a reception with refreshments will follow.
Please note: We will be sending much more information to our students @cs.uoregon.edu email in the coming weeks, so please be sure to check your email often. Much more information to come!
RSVP - to RSVP, please go to Spring 2017 Graduate RSVP.
CIS Commencement Checklist:
- Apply to graduate for Spring term; undergraduate students apply on DuckWeb by April 30, and graduate students apply on the Graduate School Website by April 14.
- Update your permanent mailing address and diploma address in DuckWeb to ensure your Commencement Invitation and UO Diploma arrive safely.
- Purchase regalia from the UO Duckstore starting April 10.
- GradImages will be providing commencement photography for the university, and will photograph our graduates at the department ceremony. Students can pre-register to order photos here.
- Attend the 2017 CIS Graduate Photo Shoot in 220 Deschutes Hall (date TBA).
- Submit nominations for “Best CIS Teacher” via email to the Undergraduate Coordinator, Anton Matschek.
- Study hard and PASS YOUR CLASSES!
For more information on events relating to UO commencement, visit www.commencement.uoregon.edu