Monday, June 13, 2016
University of Oregon Duck Grad Parade and Commencement Ceremony
- Matthew Knight Arena
- 9:00am – 11:00am
CIS Department Ceremony
- Deschutes Lawn
The department commencement ceremony is for both undergraduate and graduate majors.
Graduates from the following terms are welcome to participate in the ceremony: Fall 2015, Winter 2016, Spring 2016, Summer 2016, or Fall term 2016
Note: If you are graduating at the end of Summer 2016 or Fall 2016, you are invited to walk in the 2016 ceremonies. However, your name will appear in next year's commencement booklet in Spring 2017.
Tickets are not required for these events. Friends and family are welcome to attend and celebrate! Graduating students will be individually recognized on stage as they receive their diploma. The ceremony will be approximately one and a half hours long, and a reception with refreshments will follow.
Students - Complete the CIS Departmental Ceremony RSVP by Friday June 5, 2016.
CIS Commencement Checklist:
- Apply to graduate for Spring term; undergraduate students apply on DuckWeb by April 24, and graduate students apply on the Graduate School Website by April 8.
- Update your permanent mailing address and diploma address in DuckWeb to ensure your Commencement Invitation and UO Diploma arrive safely
- Purchase regalia from the UO Duckstore starting April 6
- GradImages will be providing commencement photography for the university, and will photograph our graduates at the department ceremony. Students can pre-register to order photos here.
- RSVP to the departmental ceremony by completing our online RSVP form by Friday, June 3 (end of week 10)
- Attend the 2016 CIS Graduate Photo Shoot in 220 Deschutes Hall on Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
- Submit nominations for “Best CIS Teacher” via email to the Undergraduate Coordinator, Adriane Bolliger
- Study hard and PASS YOUR CLASSES
For more information on events relating to commencement, visit www.commencement.uoregon.edu