Educational and Community Supports (ECS) is part of the College of Education. ECS is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist student employee who is excited to solve problems in an agile team environment. You'll be great at this job if you're excited about learning, thrilled by challenges, and are curious, questioning and collaborative. The position will be responsible for conducting test scenarios against ECS software applications. The QA Specialist documents, and tracks defects and assists in developing new test plans based on new feature development.
Note: This position is Work Study Eligible, and work can be done remotely.
Position will start in May and run through the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review and analyze business requirements, using cases and user stories
· Identify and write test scenarios
· Write and execute detailed and thorough manual test cases
· Track test coverage
· Log results; and report, track and retest defects
· Collaborate with product owner, user support specialists and developers as needed throughout testing life-cycle
· Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Well-developed computer skills
· Ability to organize work effectively, and track tasks to completion
· Strong attention detail and the ability to be methodical
· Can work collaboratively in a team based environment
· Experience using Excel
Knowledge of basic quality assurance concepts is a plus, but not required.
You will gain experience with Asana, Jira, and Confluence, as well as Slack.
Compensation: Minimum-wage to start. Please apply through Handshake.