Employer: Emerald Media Group
Pay Type: Hourly
Hours per Week: 8-12
Start Date: Fall 2021
Position Type: Part-Time
On Campus: Optional (EMU)
Ethos is a news and culture publication run by students, for students. We publish investigative feature stories and photography in our quarterly magazine, and features, photos, and multimedia on our website.
Visit the Ethos site here -> https://www.dailyemerald.com/ethos/
As Web Developer, you will be responsible for updating and developing the Ethos website through EMG's BLOX CMS template system. You will be working closely with the Editor in Chief and Web Editor to develop a functional and inviting site for the publication's viewer/reader base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building new BLOX templates to meet the needs of the publication.
- Using the BLOX CMS container system to update page formats, according to the needs of the publication.
- Building elements (such as banners and static graphics) in HTML for use on select web pages, according to the needs of the publication.
NOTE: You will NOT be responsible for uploading content (assets) to the BLOX CMS network. The Ethos Web Editor will handle this task.
- The ability to work with non-web-development literate publication staff (including the Editor in Chief, Photo Editor, and Social Media Director).
- Proficient HTML and CSS knowledge.
- UI design experience is a plus.